Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Travel Tuesday: The Hiiiills Are Alive! Salzburg Review 2

Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo! Time for my Sound of Music Tour review! {Ooh, that rhymed. I'm good!}  So, as you remember from last Tuesday's travel Post, my brother & I spent a few days in beautiful Salzburg, Austria during his visit!  What a gorgeous city, famous for its beloved Mozart & for being the filming location of The Sound of Music.  It really is as beautiful in real life as it is in the movie!  So, hop aboard & see the sights with me!

Our lovely & very funny tour guide, & the building used for the back of the Trapp Family Villa!  Beautiful, isn't it?!

I didn't really sing in front of the gazebo, but it made for a very touristy photo, wouldn't you say?!

The only glimpse we got of Nonnberg Abbey, where Maria is late to Mass!  "How do you solve a problem like Maria?!"  Also, a look into our happy tour bus.  It took a while to get warmed up, but before long, we were all singing along to The Sound of Music soundtrack!  How fun!

Taking a break from the bus to enjoy the beautiful scenery outside Salzburg. My brother & I got a traditional Austrian drink that was a bit like sparkling apple cider! Mmm. Also, here I am in front of the Abbey that was used to film the wedding scene.


Here I am jumping between the trees that the Trapp children climbed in the movie!  Also, a photo from the wedding scene.

 The cute little village of Mondsee where the wedding Cathedral is located.  Don't you just love all the different colored buildings?!  My brother & I stopped for Apfel Strudel & ice cream.  And I bought a very cute pink Austrian apron!  Also, the interior of the Cathedral.  The ceiling was beautiful!  Not an inch forgotten!


Dancing with Maria in the Mirabelle Gardens, where Do-Re-Mi was filmed!

And there you have it!  The tour was so much fun!  And even if you haven't seen the movie in years {like me!}, the sights & sounds are enough to take you back to every scene!  So, if you're going to be in the Salzburg area any time soon {of course you are, right?!}, or if you are just interested in learning more about the tour & the movie's filming locations, head on over to the Sound of Music Tour's website!  I hope you enjoyed this little virtual tour :)  "So long! Farewell!"

Photos from myself, Frankly Cross Eyed, & Iowa Grasslands.
post signature