Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Travel Reviews: Beautiful Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg, Austria. What a beautiful place! Known most as being the backdrop for The Sound of Music & also as the birthplace of Mozart!  Tourists flock to this lovely city, which feels more like a big town, to experience these two things, whether it be a Mozart concert in the Old Town or a ride on the Sound of Music Tour bus!  But no matter where you stroll, you will feel the presence of both ♥


I forgot to do my weekly "Travel Tuesday" post yesterday, so here it is on Wednesday! This will be the last city review of the trip I took with my brother when he was here last month! We went to London {including Stonehenge & Windsor Castle!}, Munich, & finally Salzburg. I'd been to this last city before, on a very rainy day the previous year. It was wonderful to return again when the weather was nice & we could do more exploring on foot! Also, I was able to find my way around quite well, walking directly to places I wanted to see again, including a lovely little jewelry store :)


My brother & I spent two days in Salzburg, staying at the incredibly beautiful Hotel Salzburg Auersperg.  What a find!  Large rooms, delicious breakfast, walking distance to all we wanted to see, & even a rooftop sauna & steam room!  How fun & relaxing!  Outside of the hotel, though, we did so much that I will have to write two posts about Salzburg!  This post will be about the city itself, & the next will cover the Sound Of Music Tour that we took!  How fun it was singing the movie's songs on the bus with our tour guide & the rest of the group!


I really like Salzburg.  The hustle & bustle of a major city can't be found in the Old Town.  It has been replaced with people strolling down the cobblestone streets looking into the cute little shops or listening to the many trios & quartets playing the music of the city's beloved Mozart.  And all the while, the enormous Hohensalzburg Castle peers down from the hilltop above.



The first time we visited Salzburg, Austria, I found a beautiful amber ring.  Don told me he would get it for me, but I said I didn't really need it...  And then I thought about that ring for the next year!  I went back with my brother recently & Don told me I'd better buy my amber ring this time :)  Thank you, sweetie!  I wear it all the time & think of you ♥


Thank you all so much for your participation in the first Saturday Around The World blog hop!  Twenty-one of you entered your blog, which is great for the first time!  It was a lot of fun to see all of your comments & to know that you're receiving new followers!  How great!  Let's do it again this Saturday, shall we?!  And tomorrow's post will feature the blog of one of the participants, chosen at random!  So come back tomorrow & see if it's you!
post signature