Saturday, September 18, 2010

My First Knitting Project Is Complete! I'm Hooked.

I have successfully completed my first knitting project! I gotta say, I'm pretty pleased with myself! It was composed only of knit & purl stitches, but I finished it off without a hitch! Er, until I took it all off the needle & noticed a bit of a "boot" on the lower left side. Well, it adds to the charm, don't you think?! It was my first project, after all!  And it did the trick of keeping my mind busy & passing the time, too!  Added bonus.  ♥


Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!  I can clearly see the O pattern in the middle, so I successfully stayed with the pattern!  Wahoo!  If you want to learn without a class, like I did, then visit The Knit Witch!  She's nice, I promise.

Now, I'm thinking that since I'm going to stick with this, I should upgrade from my cheap-o plastic "Starters For Kids" needles. There are some real beauties out there!  These are my absolute favorite that I have found so far!  Aren't they fantastic?!  Plus, they come with a very pretty fabric case, complete with pink ribbon!  I think I know what to ask for for my upcoming Birthday!  {These are also gorgeous, but I don't think I'm ready to spend over $30 for one set of knitting needles!}


post signature