Monday, September 6, 2010

Fill In The Blank: Travel!

How about a little "fill-in-the-blank" today?  Topic: travel.  Seems to be fitting, right?!   Right!  I think this is such a cute & easy way to tell you all a bit more about myself.  And you can share your thoughts too, of course!  I love reading all of your comments!!  Thank you for each one of them; they brighten my days!

Anyway, I got this idea {& the questions!} from one of my new favorite reads, AnnaLynnReilly.  {And she got it from Lauren @ The Little Things We Do.}  This blog is written by a Portland girlie who loves to travel, especially to Africa to help the children there.  Her posts are always inspiring to me, & she has some wonderful photos, as you can imagine! Head over & check out her blog! Tell her I sent ya ;)


1. If I didn't have to work anymore, I would: Well, I'm very blessed when it comes to this question... I don't actually work! I stay busy with taking care of the house, Bible Studies, the Danes, etc. Oh, & I do work for my Dad on business projects, but that's neither here nor there. Point is, I'm living the life I've always dreamed of! Wonderful husband, happy home, married to the love of my life... God has really blessed me!

2. My favorite thing about a vacation is: Seeing a place I've never seen before. Or at least, that's the kind of vacations we've been taking lately! See as much of the world as we can!

3. When packing for a trip, I: I usually try on almost all the clothes I plan to take! You have to make sure they look just right...right?! But the more we travel, the faster I get about packing. I always bring a variety, though! You never know what you'll be doing!

4. If I could go on a road trip with anyone (dead OR alive) I would choose: I'm not just saying this because he's away...but really, there is no one I would rather travel with than my husband! We have so much fun together, & I love the way we "wing it" when we travel. Pick a city, make sure we have a hotel room, & then go exploring!

5. My top 3 absolute travel essentials are: My camera, my make-up, my adventurous spirit!

6. Vacations are: ...meant to bring you both relaxation & excitement! And never travel to a new location with expectations. Sadly, most cities aren't the way they seem in the movies. So go with an open mind, & you can't be disappointed :)

7. On vacation you must always: Enjoy yourself! You can't see everything, so you might as well not rush it. Soak it up.

post signature