Friday, August 6, 2010

Three Ways To Keep My Mind Off Current Events

Amanda's Ways To Keep Her Mind Off Current Events, Number One: Read a good book, especially right before going to bed!  Yes, this works!  They say that "Book lovers never go to bed alone!"  I'll take that!  And so, I take book recommendations from friends & keep my eyes peeled for potentially wonderful new reads!  Currently, you can find my nose buried in The Rossetti Letter.  It's an engrossing tale of a modern day historian who is trying to uncover the truth about The Spanish Conspiracy in Venice during the 1600s & of the Venician courtesan who made it all happen.  I'm absolutely flying through this book!


Next up on my list of reads: The Botticelli Secret, Little Lady, Big Apple, & The Far Pavilions.  Any other suggestions?!

Amanda's Ways To Keep Her Mind Off Current Events, Number Two: Find a great TV show or two that will entertain you & make you laugh!  My brother is the King of current shows & movies, so he has hooked me up with some greats {along with the shows I'd already come to love, of course!}.

{ Leverage }     { Ugly Betty }     { White Collar }     { Weeds }     { The Sopranos }     { Covert Affairs }
{ Human Target }     { Saving Grace }


If you haven't checked out some of these new shows, you're depriving yourself of some seriously great sofa time!  Now, I'm not one to veg out in front of the TV for hours on end, but when you're eating dinner alone & going to bed alone {& waking up alone!}, it's great to have a fun way to pass the evening!  And these shows do the trick!

Next, I'd like to check out Mad Men & The Tudors.  Any other suggestions?!

Amanda's Ways To Keep Her Mind Off Current Events, Number Three:  Don't watch the news.  Simple as that!
post signature