Friday, July 23, 2010

Travel Reviews: London %

Wow, there is so much to say about London! Too much, I think, to fit into one blog post, or else you would surely get bored with me & move on to something else! So I think I will break my London review up into more than one post! Stay with me!

We arrived in foggy London town from our trusty Ryan Air flight & took the train into the heart of the city. We bought our tube tickets {ah, the tube!} & were immediately greeted by not one but two rude Londoners.  Eek, I thought, I've never encountered such rudeness in all my European travels!  Why, London?!  And let us just say that this wasn't the end of our sightings.  This was a disappointment, but we didn't let these unhappy blokes get between us & a good time!

After studying the map of the tube, we made our way to our hotel, The Trebovir.  This hotel was nothing fancy whatsoever, but I chose it for three reasons: it was close to a tube station, it was air conditioned, & it had free internet!  Yes, of course I brought a laptop!  To stay in touch with Don, of course!  Other than these three things, the hotel was nothing to get excited about.  And the price, well...London is expensive!!

Mmm!  Bulmer's & Beer!
We spent the rest of our evening exploring the area around our hotel, walking down Portobello Road, & eating our first fish & chips in a local pub, complete with local beer for my brother & a Bulmer's Apple & Pear Cider for me!

We were tired from our traveling & we wanted to make sure that we got a good start in the morning, so we headed back to the hotel for a good night's sleep!  Up next?  The Victoria & Albert Museum, our Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus Tour, Herrod's, Buckingham Palace, & more!  Phew!
post signature