Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hooray! It Arrived!

Earlier this week, I took the bus to Post {the car should be fixed any day now!} & Don met me at the bus stop with my new laptop! I was so excited! I haven't had a laptop of my own since college, which isn't a complaint. Really. I like sharing with my sweetie :) But now we will both have one of our own, no matter where we are in the world.

This one is great! My criteria were definitely girlie: I wanted it to be white & to have "popcorn keys".  Have you heard of them?  My mom's laptop has them, & after using it I decided that's what I'd like next!  They stand up a little taller than the rest of the keyboard, making typing feel a bit different.  I like it!

My brother is a tech genius, & he helped me with the rest of the order.  Yes, it couldn't just be white with popcorn keys!  I ended up getting a great deal on a Sony Vaio, complete with all sorts of impressive upgrades for a great sale price!  In the end, the one upgrade that sticks out to me is that I now have a turbo boost processor!  To go along with my turbo boost Mini Cooper, I suppose!

For all you techies who are interested in the sweet specifics {they don't really register with me, but my brother was very excited!}, here they are:

Product: US-VPCCW290X-LBOM
Component: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Component: 500GB Hard Disk Drive (5400rpm) (Reg. price $20.00)
Component: Intel® Core™ i5-540M processor (2.53GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 3.06GHz (Reg. price $150.00)
Component: No Fresh Start
Component: Engraving
Component: Microsoft® Works
Component: Norton Internet Security™ 2010 (30 Day Trial)
Component: 4GB (4GBx1) DDR3-SDRAM-1066 (Reg. price $20.00)
Component: CD/DVD burner
Component: Icy White
Component: Standard Capacity Battery (VGP-BPS13)
  And so now, I am typing in style!  Oh!  And I had my name engraved on it too.  Love it!

And for when I need to travel, a Vera Bradley laptop portfolio in Poppy FieldsThank you, Mama!

What have you purchased recently that you're excited about?!
post signature