Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

A very gray morning & a somehow chilly 50 degrees at 9:30am.  The dogs are fed & now fast asleep in the living room.  I'm catching the bus to Post once I finish this, excited about picking up my new VAIO laptop & getting in a good workout at the gym.  Hopefully, our second car will be out of the shop soon so that I won't need the bus anymore!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mommies out there!  And the Mommies-To-Be, as well!  Being a Mom is one of the most incredible jobs that there is, in my opinion {right up there with our amazing soldiers!}, & I cannot wait until it's my turn!  When the time is right, of course.

My mother is an incredible woman who also happens to be one of my very best friends.  As I grow up, I see more & more in her that I admire.  She is wise, loving, gentle, funny, loyal, caring, inspiring, motivating, trustworthy, generous, & oh so many other things that make her the best Mother in the world!  Thank you, Mom, for making me the woman that I am today!  Because of you, I've always wanted to be a Mom :)  I love you & look up to you in many ways!

And for my Mother-In-Law, thank you for raising such an incredible son!  You sure did a very very good job, & I'm so lucky to have him now as my husband & best friend!  Thank you, too, for all of the support that you continually give to us; it never goes unnoticed!  You are wonderful!  We love you!

To show how much we love our Mothers, Don & I did a little something for them that I would like to share...


Now, how do you top that?!  {Hooray for online photo editing sites!}

“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”  {Abraham Lincoln}

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”  {Washington Irving}
post signature