Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cheerful Songs, Little Creatures

Let me make a very quick & short post this afternoon with only one thought in mind: I love hearing the birds outside!  I didn't notice them until yesterday when I was relaxing to Pride & Prejudice {isn't it interesting that some movies can provide a sense of comfort to us?  This one does for me.} & I thought that all those beautiful singing birds sounded strangely close.  So, I muted the movie, & lo & behold, the cheery birdies were right outside my back door, singing for all the world to hear!  There must be quite a few of them, & a variety too, because there are many different songs being sung :)  What a beautiful sound, & what a lovely reminder that happiness can be found in even the littlest things.  It also is a sign of Spring, which I couldn't be happier about!  Goodbye, German snow.  Hello, Bavarian sunshine & flowers!

More importantly, however, hearing the birds reminds me of my Grandma.  She loved birds!  There was always a bird feeder in her backyard as well as a bird bath, & she loved to watch them out her window.  These sweet little creatures have always made me think of her, but they do so even more now.

I'd like to think that they are singing for her, all the way over here in Germany ♥
post signature