Friday, February 5, 2010

"Home Is The Comfiest Place To Be."

I bought this cute little piece for myself yesterday because it made me smile. How right you are, Winnie The Pooh!  He has always had such a way with words, don't you think?!  It isn't often that I spontaneously buy something silly for myself like this.  Maybe it reached out to me because Don & I have {& sure will!} moved around so often already.  In the past two years, we've lived in Colorado, Oklahoma & now Germany!  So when someone asks where home is, do I say Colorado?  Or Germany?  I say that it's where my husband is :)  And no matter how often we move, home will always be the comfiest place.  What a simple way of phrasing it, but it's perfect!  Home really is a wonderful word, thought, & place.  There's nowhere like it!  At home, your worries can be left at the door & your cares fade away.  As Winnie said, "Home is the comfiest place to be."  And for Don & me, home is where our ponies are too!

Speaking of home...  Early January, Don & I attended a New Year's Reception at a Colonel's home on post.  What a beautiful home, & it used to be a headquarter building for the Luftwaffe!   Talk about living history.  Anyway, as we entered the home, I saw a small framed piece of art on an entryway table that said, "Home is where you hang your Stetson."  It was so cute!  I have been trying to find it for myself, but without any luck.  I'm not sure that I should contact the Colonel's wife to ask her where she found it, although she might get a kick out of that!

I'm sure that home is different for everyone, but I bet we can all agree that our true home is without a doubt the comfiest place to be...