Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Coffee With Friends

E very Tuesday morning, I meet up with some friends from the neighborhood & we go to a little local Cafe for cappuccinos, chocolate croissants {my favorite!}, omelets, & good conversation.  It's such a wonderful way to get to know the ladies here, to make good friends, & even just to get out of the house for a bit!  I love being home, keeping the house clean, taking care of Layla & Lucius...but I need socializing too!  :)

This morning was wonderful.  Snow on the ground, a crisp feeling in the air.  Coffee was fantastic, as usual, but afterward we did a little something we hadn't done before...  One of the ladies is from here & so she is often our "social planner" or "appointment maker" since she speaks German & we don't so well!  So, she took us to the hair salon, the nail salon, & then drove us around to show us some local stores that are off the beaten path.  I wanted to find a pet store in town -- she showed me where it is!  Same for a home decorations store, which looks so cute & jam packed full of surprises.  She said that whatever you want, the man who owns the store will have it.  And good prices too!  "Ten euro," she said.  "That's all you'll need!"  I can't wait to try it out.  And if I'm good, I'll remember my camera so that I can take some pictures of our cute little Bavarian town!

On another note, we're supposed to be getting more snow this evening!  We were scheduled to have an FRG Meeting on Post, but that has already been canceled because of the storm!  The snow is falling lightly now, but the weatherman says 7-10 inches by morning!

Stay warm, everyone!  Fix yourself a yummy cup of coffee & spend some time with good friends, too.  It's a great way to start the day!  ♥

Photos courtesy of http://germany.mygreatworld.com & http://blog.backnight.com