Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Church Dinner // I'm Making Lasagna!

Our Church is having a dinner tonight on Post so that we can all get to know each other some more, & it should be nice!  {If you know me well, you know I can be pretty shy...  But I'm doing my best to not let that show!}  We have a very small Church; a big group on a Sunday morning would only be about 20.  But the Church size is getting bigger!  The Unit that is station here, which includes our Church Chaplain, recently returned from their deployment & so we have our Chaplain back along with many families, new & old!

It's taken me a little while to get used to such a small Church (the very very quiet singing, especially!).  I'm used to bigger Churches.  Ones that I used to consider to be small now seem huge in comparison to our current Church!  But it's growing on me :)

Anyway, I'm making one of my favorite easy recipes to take to the dinner tonight: My Mom's Lasagna!  It's so good!  Even cold, I think!  In highschool, I remember taking lasagna leftovers for my lunch & I loved it!  And for one of my highschool Birthday parties, my Mom made this lasagna instead of getting the typical pizza.  I don't think there were any leftovers that night, & my friends mentioned how good it was for a while afterwards!  Mmm!

This recipe doesn't call for any meat, although I'm sure it would be easy to add some if you wished.  It's very easy, keeps in the refrigerator very well for leftovers, & reheats like a charm!  ...Oh boy, I'm hungry now!
My Mom's Lasagna
       
         Ingredients:
             1 box lasagna noodles
             2 jars tomato & basil sauce
             2 eggs, beaten  ***
             3 cups Ricotta cheese  ***
             1/2 cup Parmesan cheese  ***
             2 Tablespoons parsley flakes  ***
             1 teaspoon salt  ***
             1/2 teaspoon pepper  ***
             mozzarella slices             
            Directions: 
                Mix together the ingredients marked with *** to make a Ricotta mix.  In a 9x13 pan, layer the following: tomato & basil sauce, lasagna noodles, sauce, 9 mounds of the Ricotta mix, a slice of mozzarella over each mound, lasagna noodles, sauce, Ricotta mix, mozzarella, etc.  Continue until all ingredients have been used -- about 4 layers.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, then let stand for 10 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!