Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Need To Learn More German!

So, the dishwasher in our house hasn't worked since the day we moved in.  It doesn't properly rinse the dishes, so it just steams on the soap!  No good.  And it doesn't drain either, so there is always standing water in the bottom of the dishwasher.  Well, after a visit from the Housemaster & numerous test runs to try to figure out what needs fixed, it was determined that we were going to get a new dishwasher!  YES!  Sounds good to me!  ...This was about 2 weeks ago.

Finally, I was contacted about the date when our new dishwasher would be delivered & installed.  Today!  Hooray!  So happy to say goodbye to washing everything by hand!  The Housemaster arrived & attempted to speak to me in German, which didn't work so well.  I asked if he spoke English, & he just grinned & shook his head.  Uh oh!  He worked on the dishwasher for a while, testing & removing parts.  I asked if we were getting our new dishwasher, he said no!  What?!  Between my little German & his little English, I believe that we need a new pump, I'll be called to schedule an appointment for install, & that because of what he did today, our dishwasher now works "so so".  I'm doing my own test run now :)

Looks like I need to learn the German phrases for "Does it work?", "Is it fixed?", & "When?" because "Sprechen sie Englisch?!" doesn't always work!

Hopefully, after the next appointment, we have a working dishwasher :)

And for your amusement, here is a video I just took of big Layla in our little yard, doing her crazy run!  So cute!