Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lauren's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars :)

One of my very favorite easy desserts!  My fabulous friend Lauren brought me these once in college right after Don had gone back to NY after a weekend visit with me.  Lauren knew, of course, that I was never quite myself after Don left, & these bars definitely cheered me up, along with the latest Vogue :)  You're the best, Lauren!  Thanks for sending me this recipe!  It still does the trick; these are such a yummy pick-me-up while Don is away!
Lauren's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP butter, melted
  • 2 cups (12 oz) milk chocolate, melted
Directions:
1. have ready a 13 x 9 pan
2. mix sugar, graham crackers crumbs, peanut butter, and butter in bowl until well blended
3. scrape into ungreased pan and press into an even layer.
4. spread melted chocolate over the top
5. refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm
6. let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before cutting with a sharp knife into bars
These are so good that they won't last very long after you make them!  Mmm!