Monday, November 29, 2010

I've Got Christmas Market Fev-ah!

Christmas is right around the corner! Can you believe it? And all of Germany is under the magical spell of the Christkindlmarkts!  {Or Christmas Markets to us English speaking folk!}  This is one of my favorite times of year to be here in Deutschland.  The snow dusts the trees as though God above dusted them all with powdered sugar!  The little German houses are quaintly decorated with strands of white lights & colored stars.  Every town is bright & cheery with stores' front windows decked out in Holiday decor.  There are no giant blow-up snow globes here.  No contests to see who's house can shine the brightest.  No flashing lights or obnoxious lawn displays.  Here, Christmas is peaceful.  Unless, of course, you're at the busy & popular Christkindlmarkts :)  My Mom is coming out soon especially to see these one-of-a-kind gatherings!  And to see me, too...of course!


The Nürnberg Christkindlmarkt is Germany's oldest, dating back over 500 years. Here, like at the other markets, you can grab a hot cup of delicious Glühwein {glue-vine ... click the link for recipes!} before strolling down the many aisles of stalls that sell everything from traditional German Christmas treats to my favorites, the paper star lanterns! Nürnberg was the only Christmas Market I made it to last year, & although it was absolutely fantastic, I can't wait to do more exploring this year! And with my Mom, too!  Ooo eee, I'm so excited!


Also on my list of Christkindlmarkts to visit with my Mom are...

{ Munich }


{ Rothenberg }


{ Regensburg }


{ These pretty pretty photos are from Flickr.Com, Germany Christmas Markets.Org, CodyDuncan {his photos are a-mazing!}, & some others I can't remember...Oops!}
post signature