Sunday, July 4, 2010

Because Of The Brave!

After Church this afternoon {yes, my Church meets at 3pm! We have to share the Post Chapel, you see!}, I will be celebrating this wonderful day on Post while watching fireworks & The Lieutenant Dan Band! You know, Gary Sinise, Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump! Now there is a proud supporter of our incredible Military! Thank you! ♥

O'er the land of the free, & the home of the brave!  Happy Fourth of July, everyone!  What a wonderful holiday this is--without a doubt one of my favorites.  When I was little, I enjoyed the ice cream & the fireworks, the day with my family, the songs.  As I grew older, especially knowing more about my Dad's service in the Air Force during Vietnam, then after September 11th, I developed an emotional connection with this holiday.  Goosebumps all over my arms during the singing of the National Anthem, little tears in my eyes as I watched the people of our incredible country show their patriotism.  Now....well, now this holiday is even more personal.  Its very meaning embodies the most important part of my life: my husband, my soldier, his men.  Now, I cannot help but be overcome during each song, during each wave of our American Flag, during the fireworks shows.  How could I not?  My heart is far away fighting for our freedom & for the freedom of others.  And I couldn't be more proud!  Yes, it's tough, but it's what I want.  I want him.  And I'll always stand proudly by his side.

A photo of my husband's men shooting in Afghanistan.  There is nothing to compare to our brave soldiers!  ♥
Please, today as you laugh with friends & family, as you eat your ice cream & watch your fireworks, please stop for a moment & remember all those who have dedicated their lives to serving our beautiful America.  Please say a prayer for the families of those who have given it all to protect our freedom.  Please, if you see a soldier this year, give him or her your brightest smile.  Let them know that their selfless service does not go unappreciated.


God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home!
post signature