Saturday, June 5, 2010

Green {Patchy} Grass, Pink Window Boxes!

My goodness, it's a gorgeous day!  It's 6pm & 78 degrees!  Don & I are enjoying every minute together...

Behold, we have grass in our yard! I was too ashamed to take photos of our muddy mess once the snow melted from the winter, but believe me when I say that as the snow disappeared it became very clear that not a blade of grass had survived the season.  This is due, in part, to the fact that I cut the grass too short last Fall.  I, being new to the art of grass mowing, decided to complete the chore while Don was at work one day.  Although he was proud that I did it all alone, he suggested I not cut it so short next time.  Then came the rain.  Then came a second Great Dane.  Suffice it to say that then went our grass.

But look now!  Green!  Yes, there are patches, but mostly you see green!!  Hallelujah!  Thank you, Self Help, for providing us with endless bags of grass seed!  With continued care, we should be patch-free before too long!  {And see, right before I took these pictures we'd been gardening & taking care of the grass!}


And, you can kinda see two of my five window boxes here!  These are in the windows of our Guest Room.  I wish I'd been able to get pink trailing geraniums instead; they really fill up the box nicely!  But Self Help only had red ones....& I had to have pink :)  These look really good though, I think!  I'll take pictures of the other side of the house before too long so that you can see the rest!


Lucius helps, as you can see.  He found this Great Dane-sized "stick" in the yard that the previous person who lived here had used to keep little dogs from climbing under the fence.  He now thinks he's a construction worker.  Get this dog a hard hat!
post signature