Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Great Dane Wednesdays // Beautiful Award

Welcome again to my new readers! Woohoo! You all are fantastic!

While waiting for a call from Don last night, I decided to head to Post to run some errands & go to the Gym. Good for me, right? Well, I turned my phone on silent while I worked out & you can guess what happened... Yep, he called about an hour later. I'm never silencing my phone again! Thankfully, we Skype chatted a bit today & he's doing great! Call attempt #2 tonight :)

Yep, I've thought up another one: Wednesdays will now showcase my two snuggle buddies {my third is temporarily away!}, together giving me 250 pounds of love & attention!  So, every Wednesday you can expect a picture or two of them, something interesting about Danes, etc.!  { Good idea, or no?  You tell me! }  If you haven't done so yet, you can check out my page about Layla & Lucius that explains how {& why!} we adopted them in the last year.  They really have brought a lot of happiness into our home, & what a wonderful feeling being able to take in a doggie who needs care.  Yes, they're huge.  Yes, they eat a lot.  Yes, they could be fitted with a saddle & scheduled to run at Churchill Downs!  {We call Layla our Pony & Lucius is now moving on to Horse status!  This boy is gonna be big!  We're talkin' around 185!}  But despite their size, they are little dogs at heart.    They love to sit on our laps.  They're scared of the vacuum cleaner.  They're usually most nervous around little dogs!  So here are some recent photos of my big babies!

Yes, that is drool on Lucius' head.  Those big mouths tend to hold in big drool, which tends to migrate :)
I think that they miss Don.  Lucius, especially, is very snuggly & needy of attention.  I put a bed beside the table I keep the laptop on & he stays right there close to me  ♥  Layla keeps watch for him at the back door.  This is the way he always comes into the house when he gets home from work...  I know they want him home too.  In fact, while writing this, they each {more than once!} climbed into my lap!!  Just with their front legs, mind you.  Phew!
See, they're just big cuddly dogs!
.:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.
I'd like to thank JessRaquel for awarding me with the Beautiful Blogger Award!  Thank you so much, dear!  This is my first award & I really appreciate it!  I would like to pass this along to my good friend at Life of Meg because her blog, too, is beautiful!

 .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  I hope that your week is going oh so well & that the rest of it is even better than the start!
post signature