Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Home For Christmas

I am heading home to the States this weekend, & I can't believe how fast it sneaked up on me!  Christmas is right around the corner!

Time flies...  In the last year, we've done so much: Lived in Oklahoma as Don went to Field Artillery school, Don graduated from Ranger school, we moved to Germany, we've traveled to five countries, I've become involved in the FRG as their Treasurer, Don's parents visited us for two weeks, we've adopted two Great Danes & purchased a Mini Cooper!  What a year!!!  Full of blessings & excitement & achievements.  And next year will be a new challenge in itself...but that's next year.

It is going to be great to see my family!  I haven't seen them since the beginning of MAY!  Talk about time flying by!  And I'm even going to make my brother's college graduation!  So I'll go back to my old stomping ground of Oklahoma State, then headed home to Colorado!

I will really miss Don & Layla & Lucius, but thankfully Don will be following me to the States only about a week after I leave.  The puppies will spend the Holidays with our wonderful boarder!

I think it's going to be a bit of an adjustment being back in the States...  Isn't that a weird thought?  Everything will be in English, no fast autobahn to drive on, no cafes & biding my time in restaurants...  Big parking garages, big parking spots, Starbucks everywhere instead of little independently owned coffee shops full of character...  Trucks, SUVs, mini-vans instead of Fiats & Smartcars!  How accustomed I have become to living in Europe!


Colorado, I'll see you soon!