Thursday, October 1, 2009

Layla Can Catch!! And Pumpkins :)

~*~*~*~*~*
First off, what do you think of the new look of the blog?!  Anyone who knows me knows that I love baking, so the cupcake is fitting for that reason as well as because it is sweet...like our life together :)  Cheesy?!  Yes, but true!  Let me know how you like this new look!  I may change it again, we'll see...but I love these colors!
~*~*~*~*~*

So, ever since Layla came home with us, we've tried once in a while to get her to catch her treats.  No luck.  Until today!  Previously, we had been doing this with little treats; today I used halves of Milkbones...  And VOILA!  She can catch!  I praised her again & again, & she looked at me like, "It's no big deal!  So I can catch!  Psh!" as though she'd been able to do it all along!  What a gal :)

As I write this, I'm waiting for my hunny to get home.  He wasn't home last night because they were in the field shooting...and it's 7:30 & still no hunny!  I'm making Spaghetti with Meatballs & Garlic Bread for dinner.  The meatballs are made, the sauce is made, the bread is ready to put into the oven....  As soon as Don calls, in goes the pasta, etc!  I'm ready!  I've even cleaned up the house, lit candles, fluffed pillows...  Is he home yet?!

I received this email from my Uncle today, & I thought it was cute!  What a neat comparison between pumpkins & what God does for us; a combination that seems strange, but the similarities really are neat to think about!

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see. This was passed on to me from another pumpkin. Now, it is your turn to pass it to a pumpkin. I liked this enough to send it to all the pumpkins in my patch. Happy Fall!"

~*~*~*~*~*
This edit added on October 2 @ 3:30pm...
I found this quote just now & found it perfect for my talk about prepping dinner!  Cute!
"There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves." ~Thomas Wolfe