Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hello From GA! All Is Wonderful!

Hello from Columbus, Georgia!  Of all the days since February 25th (when Don & I had to leave each other...), today has been the best!  I'm finally back where I belong: with Don :)

We had a great day together!  Took a ride onto post this afternoon with a good friend of ours (Thank You!) to pick up Don when his pass began.  Boy, was it good to see him walk across the road straight to me!!!  Two months of waiting & we're finally back together!  And he looks great; he's already put back on 10 of the 20 pounds that he lost during Ranger School!

Then, we headed to the Travel Office @ Benning & took care of getting our plane tickets for Germany.  We're leaving May 7th!  Ah!  I knew that it would be soon, but making the arrangements & seeing the tickets sure does make it real.  I am ready for our big adventure!  And we'll be doing it together, which makes me oh so happy!  No more distance between us for a while :)

Don gets another pass tomorrow, then Ranger Graduation on Friday!!!  I am so proud of him!  This is such a difficult course, & not only did he finish, but he finished on his first try!  An accomplishment that isn't all that common!  He is one amazing guy!!

When I take some pictures, I'll be sure to post them.  It sure is nice to have them to remember these wonderful occassions, but sometimes it isn't easy to take out the camera & just start clicking away when you're so caught up in what's happening around you!  Plus, I know I'll always remember this, even without pictures :)  Pictures of his Graduation, however...I will take gobs!