Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Got 2 Letters From Don!!

Yay!  I got two letters from Don today!  I was like a little kid when I was opening them & reading them, I was so excited!  Letters are so much fun to get anyway, but when they're our only form of contact, they're absolutely wonderful!

He's doing great with Ranger School so far.  He passed his RPFT (Ranger Physical Fitness Test) on the first try (woohoo!), completed the CWST (Combat Water Survival Test) in an icy cold Georgia pond (Victory Pond, I believe...) doing a 15 meter equipment swim and a three meter drop to pass, completed the Land Nav course (although he said he got bogged down in a swamp for a bit!), etc.  Basically, lots of acronyms & even more impressiveness on Don's part ;)  He's doing so well & sounds like he's in great spirits!  Gosh, I'm so proud of him!!

Now that I've received the first two letters, I'm sure I'll be getting them on a fairly regular basis now!!  Yay!  It's so good to see his handwriting & know how he is doing!  I love him :)