Friday, June 5, 2009

We're All Moved In! Loving It!

Hey! Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while, but we've been quite busy! We moved into our new house last Friday, & we just love it so far! We're getting settled in, meeting our very nice neighbors, & everything is going just right! We're so blessed! And...only three of our things broke during shipment, so not bad! All all of them can be replaced easily :)

We don't have internet at our house yet, but we're going to work on that today. It'll be nice to be up and running again!

We love it here in Germany! The food is good, the people are nice, and the countryside in this area is so beautiful! I will take more pictures soon for you all. Also, the plants & flowers are gorgeous! Everyone has a pretty garden & lawn with plenty of flowers. Many of the German houses in our neighborhood even have little fountains! And it's no wonder the gardens are so nice -- the flowers here aren't expensive at all! I'm ready to get my garden growing :) Don bought me a Rosemary plant, a Mint plant, & an African Violet today, so I'm just in the beginning stages! Plus, at the Self Help office on post, we can get soil & gardening tools for free! Once the house is really put together (which it practically already is!), the yard & garden will be my project :)

We have found a little church here at Grafenwoehr that we've been going to. It is a Church of Christ, & when I said "little church" I meant it! Last week, including Don & me, there were 6 adults! Ah! I think that many of the families are out of town now, all at the same time...haha

Don & I are going to Amberg tonight for a Hail & Farewell (our first!), which will be fun! And, Amberg is having their Volksfest this weekend, so we will explore that too! Our first German fest!

Oh! And I am now the Treasurer for Don's Battery's FRG (Family Readiness Group)! Don received a call from a Captain whose wife was the Treasurer, but they are moving back to the States so she needed someone to fill her position. No one in the FRG was expressing any interest, & the FRG can't really function without money...so...I am the new Treasurer! I did this in college for the Marketing Club on campus, so I've got it down :) Plus, it will be a great way to meet people!

Well, I think that's all of our latest news! We're really enjoying all our time here. We've met wonderful people, & our house & neighborhood are great! (Oh! The people in the neighborhood often project a movie onto the side of our house for neighborhood movie night! Fun!) So even though you haven't heard from us in a while...we're doing GREAT!

Love to you all! ♥

PS -- Can you believe it's almost June 14th again?! Wow! It doesn't seem like it's been a year since our wedding! We're just an old married couple now :) And every day has been & will continue to be wonderful!!!! ♥